Friday, September 14, 2012

Sunny Lanes Quilt

Here is the quilt that I made for my cousin Jessica's baby boy for a shower:


Here is the quilt label:


This is part of the homemade gift collection along with the crocheted baby washcloths, embroidered baby bibs and knitted monkey.  I coordinated the colors in this quilt with the bedding set on her registry from Burlington Baby Factory called Jungle Babies Collection.  This is my first attempt at making a quilt using half triangles, which I have avoided for too long.  I am very happy with the way it came out!  I know she and the baby will love it!

So you must be wondering about the meaning behind the quilt label.  When Jay and I were still dating, we would go up to visit my aunt in Maine once or twice a year when my two cousins were little.  We used to do pig rolls with them.  We would wrap them in a blanket with their heads sticking out and tell them to get out of it.  To this day, they both talk about that when they think of us.  Since I did not know the name of the baby, I had to personalize in a special way for Jessica!

The pattern for the quilt from E-patterns Central called Sunny Lanes.  This website offers lots of patterns for quilting, crocheting, knitting and other crafts at reasonable prices that are available for immediate download to your computer or tablet.  It is very dangerous especially when they frequently send coupons!  Check it out!

We are heading up to Waterville, Maine after work today to be with her for her baby shower on Saturday afternoon.  We are staying with my aunt and uncle for the weekend.  They have not told her that Jay and I are coming up so she will be totally surprised especially since we have not seen her in over 6 years.  I can't wait to see her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment