Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Jay's Snowmobile Quilt

After making myself a new quilt earlier this year (see my blog post My Jitterbug Quilt), my hubby wanted one too.  So while we were on vacation in Lancaster, PA in May, I stopped in my favorite Amish quilt store, Zook's Fabrics, and I found some snowmobile fabric.  I bought 6 yards of it with no quilt pattern in mind.
 
Here's what I made him:

 
He absolutely loved it!  It is 60" by 72", perfect to cuddle under on the couch after a long and cold day of snowmobiling!
 
The four squares in the corners are embroidered.  They say: "Eat my flakes", "Snowmobile junkie", "I'd rather be riding" and "If There's no snow in heaven, I ain't going!"  The block I made is called King's Crown.  I wanted a block that had a big center (6-1/2") so you could clearly see the details of the snowmobile fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment