Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Herb Garden

I had to share this with all my blog followers.  I thought this was so cool!

While I was on vacation in Lancaster, PA we went over to Intercourse, PA (love the name!).  There was a store called Tin N' Treasures in Kitchen Kettle Village.  My hubby bought this for me!  It is called a Tipsy Pot and it was only $7.  Here is the website if you are interested in buying one too.


Then while we were heading home from the Philadelphia Zoo, we stopped at an Amish woman's house who was selling flowers and plants outside.  I bought the herbs I wanted for my herb garden.  I got peppermint, spearamint, chives, basil, lemon thyme and oregano all for $22.


When we got home, I went out and bought one 14" clay pot and four 6" clay pots along with some potting soil to assemble it.


Here is my finished tipsy pot herb garden!

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tower of herbs you made. So great to cook with fresh herbs. And how great this towers leans on itself.
    Just wonderful.
    did you had a great little camping trip?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! Didn't know what a tipsy pot was! This is awesome. I have a herb bed in my garden, but I've never seen one like this, wicked!!
    Love as always Gina x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice Diane! Just love it. May have to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Diane..
    What a great idea...love this Tipsy Pot thingy..it looks so cool!!!
    Hugs Alison.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I am going to have to get me a few of those! I think that I will have to put my hubby to work this coming weekend heehe!

    ReplyDelete