Monday, December 12, 2011

My Winter First Hat

Here is a hat that I made for my hubby:


He announced in Webs a couple of weekends ago that he wanted me to make him a hat with three colors, gray, black and red to match his snowmobile.  I told him that I need to find a pattern first and I wanted to wait for a sale on yarn instead of buying it at Web's for $4.99 a skein.  These were on sale 2 for $5 at Michael's!

This was my first time making stripes!  After reading about making jogless stripes, these came out perfect!  I am so happy with it!  I now have enough yarn to make several more of these by mixing up the colors since I only used about 100 yards for one.

Unfortunately, this hat was too small to fit hubby.  I have figured out how to adjust the pattern and I will be trying again to make it for him.  This hat was bought by a co-worker to give to her nephew for Christmas so it will be put to good use.

Supplies:
Pattern: Regular Guy Beanie by Chuck Wright
Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable #01532 - Claret, #01040 - Black and #01044 - True Grey
Needles: US 6 on 32" Cables

1 comment:

  1. Wow Diane! You've been a busy crafter - look at how cute this hat is! Perfect blend of adorable and masculine. :)Hope all is well, have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete