Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crochet Hook Comparison

Today, I am discussing a few different types of crochet hooks that I have in my collection.

Boye Aluminum Crochet Hooks


These are the ones that my mother always used so these are the ones are learned on.  They are reasonably priced at under $2 each and come in a large variety of sizes.  They are available everywhere from Joann's, Michaels, AC Moore to Wal-Mart.  I have been using these for a while until December when I started getting a cramp in my hand from crocheting too long while making Christmas presents.  I needed to look for alternatives.

Clover Soft Touch


These were the help I needed from my cramping hands.  These hooks feel weird in your hands at first but I got used to them.  I was able to crochet longer without a problem.  These are priced between $6 and $9 each and come in sizes C through J.  These are available in craft stores like Joann's, Michael's and AC Moore and on-line at various knitting websites.

Knitter's Pride Aluminum Hooks


Then I discovered these!!!  OMG, I'm in love!  These also solved the hand cramping like the Clover ones but are not as ackward and feel more natural in my hands.  These sell for $2.99 each and are available at Web's on-line or in Northampton, MA.  These are available in sizes B through J.

After Christmas, I purchased the full set of Clover Soft Touch hooks.  Then I ordered a size 7 crochet hook from Knitter's Pride to give it a try since I did not have that size.  After using it, I needed all of them!  So I sold my Clover ones to someone on Ravelry and bought the whole set of Knitter's Pride hooks at Web's this past Saturday during my recent visit!  I am so glad that I did!  These are amazing and comfortable!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I had liked the Clover ones, so I'm sure I will love the Knitter's Pride. On another topic, where did you learn Tunisian Crochet? A book? You Tube? TIA

    ReplyDelete