Monday, July 30, 2012

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club - Wanda E. Brunstetter



Summary from GoodReads: Join the club of unlikely quilters who show up for Amish widow Emma Yoder’s quilting classes. A troubled young woman, a struggling couple, a widower, a rough and tough biker, and a preacher’s wife make up the mismatched lot. But as their problems begin to bind them together like the scraps of fabric stitched together in a quilt, they learn to open up and lend a helping hand. Is this what God had in mind to heal hurting hearts and create beauty from fragments?

Emma Yoder began teaching quilting classes as a way to earn some extra money after her husband Ivan passed away.  She was very nervous before her first class, not knowing what to expect.  When she discovered the diverse group that sat in her sewing room, she did not know what would happen over the next six weeks.  As the class continues, Emma learns about each person's troubles and is determined to help the with their lives as well.

This was a very touching story about learning to get to know people before passing judgement on them.  I would have to say that my favorite characters in this book were Emma and Jan Sweet.  I loved Emma because she is so caring, patient and understanding.  Jan is the burly biker dude who is anything but rough and tough.  He is very caring and is just a big teddy bear.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book, as I have every other book that I have read from Wanda E. Brunstetter.  As a quilter myself, I found it very interesting listening to men wanting and knowing how to quilt.  I'd never get my husband to make a quilt, but he does love requesting a new one for the house every year!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment