I sent my buddy bee, Michaela, a skein of Cascade Soft Spun yarn and she was looking for a pattern to use it that was something just for her. So we both starting looking and we found the Easy Peasy Crochet Bag. So we both decided to make one.
I started crocheting the bag on Friday night and I got this much done:
So I finished it and added the trim, handles and fabric lining on Sunday when I had some quiet crafting time alone! Here is the finished product:
Here are the details behind this bag:
- I used Cascade Soft Soun Yarn.
- I used a size I hook.
- I chained 8 to start.
- I worked the base for 30 rows.
- I worked 30 rounds for the body of the bag using up all the yarn.
- I added the trim and handle made from Knit Picks Telemark Sport weight yarn.
- I used a size F hook for the edging.
- I braided the handles using 18 pieces of yarn for each handle.
- For the liner, I used a fat quarter (18" x 22") of fabric following the pattern instructions.
- I hand stitched the liner to the bag at each single crochet.
I am very happy with how this came out. I may make some more of theses soon! My hubby was impressed and thinks they would sell well at work or on Etsy.
Pattern: Easy Peasy Crochet Bag by Sharon Maher
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Soft Spun #2837 - Pink and Knit Picks Telemark #23937 - Columbine
Hooks: Size I & F