Friday, May 20, 2011

New Toys!

On Wednesday, hubby and I went to Northampton, MA to have lunch at Sakura's Japanese restaurant.  We are both on vacation this week and came home from Lancaster, PA early due to the enormous amounts of rain from Saturday to Tuesday and about 2" per day perdicted until Saturday.  So we came home.  Since we were headed to Northampton, I was able to go to Webs for a little yarn shopping.  I got 2 skeins of Plymouth Sockotta yarn for me and 2 skeins of Valley Yarn Northampton Bulky to make hubby some wool socks.  Plus while I was there, I bought myself two new toys:


It is a plastic and metal umbrella swift and a Royal ball winder.  Here is the link to it from Web's store.  I have been eyeing a ball winder for some time.  Also, since I have bought some hanks of sock yarn thanks to Knit Picks sock yarn sale a few weeks back, I needed a swift to help me wind them.  So far, I have only played with the ball winder.  I love how it makes round "cakes" of yarn that feed from the center.  Boy am I going to miss winding my yarn by hand and making my infamous egg (it was supposed to be a ball but it never is).  I am really happy with these two products and I would recommend them to anyone who is in the market to purchase them!

No comments:

Post a Comment