Sunday, October 16, 2011

Knit with Love: Stories to Warm a Knitter's Heart - Lisa Bogart


Summary from Amazon: Knitting blesses the knitter in so many ways. It affords quiet time, the satisfaction that comes with a challenge met and a project finished, and a creative passion to share with other knitters. As knitting and the fiber arts enjoy a renaissance in popular culture, more and more women are discovering these personal benefits. But knitting also offers knitters a way to bless those around them with handmade gifts that come straight from the heart.

With inspiring stories, Knit with Love encourages and motivates knitters to see their own potential to bring joy and comfort to themselves and those around them. Whether someone has just picked up knitting needles for the first time or is a lifelong knitter, she will discover new ways to share her beautiful creations with others--and the peace that the rhythm of knitting brings to her own life.

As an intermediate knitter and new crocheter, I thoroughly enjoyed this book!  I began knitting back in January and I discovered a new love.  I have been so inspired to create  and challenge myself through new projects from scarves to hats to bags to dishcloths and finally to socks.  I began crocheting last month to learn new patterns for making dishcloths.  I took to that quickly as well.  I love doing both since it keeps my hands and mind busy in the evenings.  Although I must admit, I can complete a crocheted dishcloth quicker than a knitted one.  But I can knit more detailed patterns into my dishcloths than I can to crochet them!

I love the short stories that inspired me to create and inspired me spiritually!  It was a nice and easy read where you did not have to get so involved like any other fiction novel.  When you had a moment to be inspired, you could read some of it quickly.  I love how they discussed every step of knitting, from casting on to binding off, as it related to life and religion.  It makes me think of knitting in a new light.

Available October 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment