Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pillow Case with French Seams

My neighbor Denise and I went to Hobby Lobby for the first time on Saturday.  While we were there, we talked to a very nice lady who was also shopping, about a pattern for making pillow cases with french seams.  So Denise bought some fabric there to make some (I have PLENTY of fabric at home) and we went to town.
 
Here is my finished pillow case:


I just used the first fabric that I found that was large enough and grabbed some coordinating pieces to use with it.  I am going to use this pillow case on my pillow in my camper, since it won't match my bed.
 
Here is the link to watch a You Tube video on how to make one: Pillow case video tutorial.  If you would prefer written instructions with pictures, I used this one: Pillow case with french seams written tutorial.  The written instruction also include measurements to make king size pillow cases.  I really like how it came out!
 
After completing future quilts for my bed, I will also buy extra fabric of the quilt backing to make into pillow cases to match the quilt along with matching shams that I already make for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment