Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lazy Angle Ruler

I have been on a quilting kick lately, it must be the change in temperature because I have not touched my sewing machine since June.  I have been reading lots blog posts and looking for new patterns.  In my searching, I came across and really cool ruler called Lazy Angle Ruler.


I bought it as a kit, pattern book and ruler, from Soft Expressions which included a book entitled, Lazy and Lovin' It by Lazy Girls Design's Joan Hawley for $39.99.  If you know me, I LOVE new quilting rulers!  It's almost like an obsession!
 
I had some free time this weekend to try it out.  Here are my samples:
 
Lazy Star


Paddle Star


Hollow Star


I was playing around with some 5" scraps and I made these blocks.  They are very easy to make and assemble.  This is a fun ruler with lots of potential!  The pattern book has 250 blocks you can make using this ruler.  The possibilities are endless!  I'm so happy I bought it!
 
In case you are wondering what I am going to do with these blocks, they are going into Hershey's quilt.  Whenever I make a block trying out a tool or ruler, I put it aside for him.  When I am caught up on my projects, I will put them all together and he will have his own quilt made especially for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment