Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Look What We Did!

I mentioned in my last blog post that I have a new job, well actually, my position was eliminated after 23 years.  Thankfully, I found my new job in just 4 days!  I did receive a severance package along with my unused vacation time for the rest of the year.
 
Here's what we did with it:

 
We have been wanting to add a porch to the front of our house for several years and now we had the money to do it without adding more debt.
 
Here is a side view of it:

 
It is 8 feet wide by 26 feet long, almost half the length of the house.  The flooring is made of Trex decking and the railing is all vinyl.  It is pretty much a maintenance free addition!  We even added recessed lighting and a ceiling fan.
 
Here are a couple more pictures with everything done around it:

 
Instead of putting lattice around the bottom, we used the most plentiful resource in Wales, ROCKS!  We feel that it gives a more rustic look to the porch.  I also moved my flag pole to the outside of the porch and put my new flag on it. If you can't read it, it say: "A Spoiled Rotten Dog Lives Here". It is quite fitting!

 
As requested by emerci, here's one with Hershey!  Hershey is doing very well and he loves the new porch too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Enjoy it all in good health :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Find the info here: http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete