Monday, November 3, 2014

An Accuquilt Birthday

On Saturday, my hubby and I were shopping around in Sturbridge and I popped into Sturbridge Quilt and Sew on 559 Main Street in Sturbridge, MA.  I stopped in this shop a couple of years ago but they moved to a bigger and brighter area.  The store owner, Gina, was very welcoming and willing to share her expertise on her products.  When I first got there, we walked around checking out the fabric and notions.  Then I went over and I was drooling over the AccuQuilt display with the machine, tons of dies and lots of projects to inspire you.


We wandered over to her education center with plenty of desk space for a fun day of classes and sewing.  We also admired her beautiful Handi-Quilter machine with king sized quilt frame which she used for machine quilting.  Oh, this place was great!
 
She is a Babylock distributor and I noticed the inviting Aria quilting machine.  Take a look for yourself:
  
 
I was in love and my hubby was actually encouraging me to consider buying it even after we heard that the price was $3,499.  We left well informed and excited to go home and research new sewing machines.  After reading reviews and researching other brands with similar features, this was the best deal out there.  But the accountant in me was having a hard time justifying the cost for only 4 new features over my current well-working sewing machine.
 
We went back on Sunday to tell Gina that we decided against a new sewing machine but we wanted more information about the AccuQuilt GO! machine and dies.  Oh no, my OCD could get me carried away with everything that is available.  Here's what we ended up purchasing:
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
When you purchase a GO! machine from her, you name is on file and you will always receive 10% off all dies.  She suggested keeping a wishlist and to watch the newsletter for the featured die since it will be 15% off.  She is also the largest dealer of Accuquilt in central and western Massachusetts.
 
As I was leaving the store with my arms filled with new toys, Gina gave me a big hug.  I felt like I just became part of a new quilting family.  She was so helpful that I would recommend to everyone in the area to check out her store.  I am going to be watching her website for upcoming classes using the Accuquilt.
 
I am looking forward to playing with my new toys.  I have several ideas of projects using the dies that I purchased.  Also, the die that came with the machine has an idea book with 13 quilt blocks you can make using just that die for an awesome sampler quilt.
 
Since my birthday is November 18th, my hubby bought all of this for me as an early present.  This is just the inspiration I needed to get me motivated to quilt during this upcoming snowmobile season.  Thanks honey for a great present!  I can't wait to show off some finished projects from it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment