Friday, October 9, 2009

Feature Friday - Stitching

Let's take care of business first. I have picked winner for the Christmas Eve image from last week's blog hop, and it is ...

~Michelle~ said...
Love, love, love your button treatment! FUN! :)

Please contact Kendra at kendra@thecharactercafe.com to receive your free image. Please be sure that to tell her that you won it from my blog. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and leaving comments for my first blog hop!

Now onto the fun for today ...

This week's Feature Friday at The Character Cafe is being hosted by Billie. She has chosen to add stitching onto your card for the challenge. Check out all the great examples by Billie and her group at The Character Cafe blog!

I have chosen to color Pilgrim Petra & Turkey. I'm not sure if I used the right colors on her outfit but it looks good to me. To incorporate stitching into my card, I used the Bazzill In Stitch Stitching Templates. I found these at my local scrapbook store and I thought this would be a perfect chance to use them. They are so easy to use! You just line up the template where you want it and using the piecer, punch all the holes to create your pattern. Then I followed the punches holes using a needle and embroidery floss to stitch out the pattern. To keep the embroidery floss in place when starting and ending, I taped it down with Scotch tape. It adds a nice affect to my card with minimal work!


Supplies:
Stamps: The Character Cafe - Pilgrim Petra & Turkey
Paper: PTI White, GP White, Chocolate Chip, SU Brocade Background DP
Ink: Cat's Eye Chalk - Chestnut Roan
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Blending Stumps, Baby Oil, Bazzil In Stitch Stitching Template - Granny Stitches, Embroidery Floss

10 comments:

  1. Great job!!! I love your coloring! I have those templates but did not use them but really need to give it a try! Sweet work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! i love your stitching :)

    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute Diane!! Love your colouring and paper selection...really gives it an antique feeling to it, very unique.
    Great stitching too!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do stitching by hand? Lovely card...great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Elegant! Fabulous stitching and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, it's so beautiful and classic... very warm and fallsy (if that's a word!?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Diane. And of course I love your coloring. The DSP is perfect for the stamp. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane,

    Well even though I have that huge allergy to brown!!! I totally think you rocked the challenge this week and I love the colors you used to color the images and WAY to go that is my type of sewing!!!

    I did not get my card posted until today due to sick kids and I ended up using a turtle image from one of the images we released a couple of months ago but I loved working with this image for the blog hop you did a great job!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete