Monday, December 20, 2010

Log Cabin Quilt With a Twist

I finished this quilt on Saturday afternoon.  It is a Christmas order for a co-worker for her mother.


Here is a close up of some squares:


This quilt was actually larger than I expected, 60" by 84".  I love the purple stars at the intersections too!

This quilt was a kit purchased from Connecting Threads called Summer Log Cabin Quilt kit.  If you are a quilter, be sure to check out their store.  There fabric is gorgeous and super reasonable and their Essential Thread Spools are perfect for piecing and quilting.

Personally, I don't think that I would have put these colors together in this fashion but I am so glad that they did!!!  I absolutely love this quilt!  I wish it was mine!  Hmmm, I may just use the money from this quilt to buy another kit to make for ME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm not a quilter. But I'd love to be one!! What a great twist on the basic design! Can't wait to see the one you make for yourself!

    ReplyDelete