Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gifts for Kyla

Our best friend's daughter, Kyla, is turning 7.  For her birthday, I decided to make her some knitted items to show off my newly acquired skills.

Here is her scarf:


Here are her fingerless gloves:


I thought this was a great chance for me to try something other than scarves and dishcloths by making some simple fingerless gloves without thumbs.  In reading some of the project comments, lots of kids love these, I hope she does too!  Since her favorite color is purple (duh, I bet you figured that out yourself ~ LOL!), I made both of these using the same yarn to match.  I tried them on and they are a little tight on me so they should fit perfectly on her!

Scarf Supplies:
Pattern: Super Easy Squishy Scarf
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids & Heathers #101 - Pink & #146 - Purple
Needles: US 11

Fingerless Gloves Supplies:
Pattern: Learn to Knit Cuff #90239AD
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids & Heathers #101 - Pink & #146 - Purple
Needles: US 11

3 comments:

  1. ooh! I asked for fingerless glovers (long) from my mom last christmas....but she must have forgottne. those are awesome! where they difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I love fingerless gloves. They are actually what got me started wanting to learn how to knit. Good job and love the yarn choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di!
    Now that her bday's over, I figured it was safe to comment lol. Kyla LOVES her gifts! She's been wearing her flittens (that's what we've named them - for FingerLess Mittens tee hee) everyday since her party! :) And not only do I think they are super adorable also, but I LOVE the yarn you used since it has my name in it LOL

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete