Friday, September 23, 2011

Single Crochet Sample Dishcloth

I could not wait for my Joanns order to come in so I starting searching on You Tube for crocheting videos.  I found this one, How to Crochet Part 1 of 2 from Naztazia.  Here is my sample square:


This was made using 100% acrylic yarn so it will not be an acutal dishcloth.  I am going to add a border to it and use it as a block for a baby blanket that we are making at work.  One of our fellow knitters is becoming a grand mother and we are all making blocks in the same size to put together as a blanket for her grand son.

It was super easy for me to pick this up after already knowing how to knit.  Back in high school, over 20 years ago, my mother taught me how to crochet but she does not know how to read patterns and does double crochet rows for afghans or granny squares.  It'll be nice to learn it thoroughly now!

I'm now ready to watch How to Crochet Part 2 of 2 from Naztazia!!!

Supplies:
Pattern: Single Crochet Sample
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Solids - Buff
Hook: US 8/H

No comments:

Post a Comment