Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Jitterbug Quilting Class - Class #1

My neighbor Denise talked me into taking two winter quilting classes with her at Meeting House Fabrics in Wales, MA.  The first class we are taking together meets every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 pm for the month of February 2013.  Here is the quilt pattern we are making:



For this quilt, you need one jelly roll and 3 yards of a neutral color.  Here is my jelly roll:



I am making this one for myself since I have the first quilt I ever made over 10 years ago.  These colors are so me, bright and vibrant.  I purchased some off white marbled fabric to go with it along with some green batik for the binding.

Here is what we finished after the first class:


 
We made 192 half square triangles.  OMG, that was a lot!  But be sure to check out the next post to see how I did it using Creative Grids Multi-size 45° & 90° Triangle Ruler.

No comments:

Post a Comment