Friday, April 5, 2013

My First Swoon Block

In playing around on the internet, I came across the Swoon quilt pattern.  I feel in love with it instantly so I bought the pattern!  I love how one completed block is 24-1/2" x 24-1/2".  So I decided to make one block as a wall hanging for my office.
 
Here are the fabrics that I picked out:

 
For me, the brown fabric is my "grown-up" fabric but the blue is my bright colors that I love so much.  I found this fabric at Meeting House Fabrics in Wales, MA last weekend when they had all their fat quarters buy one get one free.  I was able to find 3 brown, 3 blue and 2 peach.  I am hoping to have enought fabric to add a checkerboard border to it with the brown and blue and binding it in peach.

Stay tuned for the finished product!  I just have to finish my king size brown striped quilt for my bed before I can start another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment