Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm Magic Looping!

I have been wanting to learn Magic Loop for knitting in the round without using double pointed needles (DPNs) for a while.  I tried watching several different videos on You Tube and I could get it started but once I finished one side, I got totally confused when I flipped it to do the other side.  UNTIL I discovered KNITFreedom!  Liat Gat has several video e-books that are available to purchase through Ravelry.  I bought "Learn Magic Loop" and it is wonderful!  It is so worth the $12.97!!!

I watched the first two videos on Wednesday night and I knitted along with it on Thursday.  I finally got it!  Here's a picture of what I accomplished:


I used worsted weight acrylic yarn (Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice Pink) and size 7 nickel plated interchangeable circular needles on a 40" cable from Knit Picks.

Liat does a wonderful job explaining how to magic loop along with several easy little steps to avoid common errors.  After practicing for a little while, I watched the second video about Magic Looping Faster and I picked that up right away also.

She does such an amazing job explaining things that I bought "Toe-Up Socks: One or Two-At-A-Time On Magic Loop" to teach me how to knit socks next.  I was looking into buying a paper book for this but her teaching methods are so clear that I did not want to take a chance with anyone else!!!

Thanks so much Liat for creating these outstanding video e-books for us!

1 comment:

  1. I looooooooove the magic loop! it's a little tricky at first, very easy to get twisted up, but once you get the hang of it, it's so quick!

    ReplyDelete