Friday, April 8, 2011

The Quilter's Bible - Linda Clements


Summary from Book Sneeze: The ultimate quilter's companion to over 220 patchwork, quilting and applique techniques.
  • Packed with detailed advice and ideas, with clear step-by-step instructions for beginners and expert tips for more experienced quilters.
  • Techniques are illustrated throughout with more than 800 colour diagrams,and the beautiful photography provides endless inspiration for your own designs.
  • Features instructions and templates for 13 unique projects to practise your skills, including quilts, bags, cushions, wall hangings and placemats.
I have been an avid quilter for almost 10 years.  I learned everything I know from books, I never took a single class!  For me I wish this book was around when I first started.  I loved how each chapter is broken down into smaller sections to assist the newest of quilters to develop their skills for their new hobby.  The examples of projects are gorgeous!  The pictures and explanations are thorough, complete and easy to understand.  I love the Make It Now projects at the end of each section!

I found this book to be very inspiring!  It helped me to re-discover techniques that I have not done in a while.  I now want to get back into paper piecing!  It is a creative way to use scraps to make beautiful pictures to add as focal points to your projects!

I was very impressed with the contents and the adundance of valuable information within this book.  I would highly recommend this book as a reference book to any quilters, new, experienced or anyone wanting to explore new quilting techniques.

A special thanks to FSB Media for allowing me to review this book in advance for them.  This book was published by David & Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment