Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dot the Guardian of the Craft Room

Meet Dot:


I made her to be the guardian of my craft room!  I have lots of hobbies so I need someone to guard over everything when I am not there.

Here she is waiting to help me wind some yarn:


And here helping me pick out some stamps to use:


And finally here guarding my collection of ribbon and cardstock:


I really enjoyed making her!  She was easy to make with the super bulky yarn.  But I need to send a special thanks out to maddiesmama over on Ravelry for sending me 2 pairs of size 18 mm black safety eyes to use on her.  The 12 mm ones that I had just looked too small on her.

Supplies:
Pattern: Dot the Dress Up Box Monster by Rebecca Danger from The Big Book of Knitted Monsters
Yarn: Lion's Brand Thick & Quick #103 - Blossom & #112 - Raspberry, Red Heart - White (for mouth)
Needles: US 10.5 on 40" Cables
Accessories: 12mm Black Safety Eyes

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Diane!

    I'll let you know next time I am in Western Mass (though I warn you I am super shy LOL) - my boyfriend is from South Deerfield so we come out this way often. I love it out here and am constantly trying to talk him into moving back out to the boonies. I took my folks to Webs today and they bought me a kit for the Iris Monster. So I think I'm going to do the KAL in the Danger Craft's Ravelry group. Feel free to friend me on Facebook too - Amy Valentino.

    ReplyDelete