Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Store in Town

I was at the neighbor's son's graduation party on Saturday and I learned about something wonderful.  There is a quilt store that just opened up in town in the old St. Monica's Church.  So on Sunday, after my work picnic, I dropped Jay at home and I went to investigate.

OMG, it was gorgeous!  It is in an old church and inside they have tons of fabric which was calling my name.  They are called Meeting House Fabric and Trim (the site is still under construction) and it is located on 83 Main Street (Route 19) in Wales, MA.

I was gone for over an hour!  It was quiet in there so I was able to talk to the owner, Shelia, and the longarm quilter, Charlie.  What wonderful ladies!  The store is only half full and she has so much more to put out and order.  This place is a godsend!  I am in heaven!

So what did I get you ask???  I got 5 fat quarters from the Mother Goose line of fabric from Windham Fabrics.  Here they are:


I thought that they would make some wonderful Dresen Plates for a table runner for a sofa table in my kitchen area.

I was googling the store and I came across this article about the store.  It has some great pictures of inside the store so you can see why I fell in love with it!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh these are so beautiful.. please show the results as well.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous!! We don't get shops like that, just warehouse types with no soul! Enjoy it for me too :)
    love as always Gina x x x

    ReplyDelete